Vegan Grilled Cheese. Every family has their go to comfort food and one of our family favorites was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Since going gluten free, I haven't really had the opportunity to enjoy that meal, but decided it was time to make it happen. I combined gluten free bread, garlic olive oil spread, vegan cheese, red onions and avocado for a vegan, diary free, gluten free, new family favorite. Add your favorite chunky tomato soup, and it is just like it is 1965 again.
Vegan Grilled Cheese
Garlic Olive Oil Spread
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of EVOO
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ avocado sliced
- 3 rings of red bermuda onions thinly sliced
- 2 slices of Daiya Provolone vegan cheese
- 2 slices of gluten free bread
- Blend garlic and olive oil in small blender until spreadable consistency
- Spread on outside of each slice on bread
- Add 1 slice of vegan provolone, onions, avocado and second slice of provolone
- Brown both sides of sandwich (olive oil/garlic spread side)in pan on low heat and let cheese melt.
- If cheese is not melted enough for your preference, bake for a few minutes in toaster oven at 300 degrees.