Vegan Berry Cheesecake is the perfect dessert for summer! This dessert is simple to make with a sweet oat date crust, a blended raspberry creamy cheesecake filling and a maple blackberry topping. This yummy dish is ready for the freezer is less than 30 minutes.
So easy and light, this dessert is vegan, gluten free and dairy free and will definitely cool off your hot summer days.
Ingredients For Vegan Berry Cheesecake
Take a quick look at the ingredient list to see if you have everything that you need to make this recipe. For the crust:
- coconut oil
For the filling:
- vegan cream cheese
- almond milk
- maple syrup
- raw cashews
For the topping:
- maple syrup
What Kind Of Pan Do You Use?
To make the best frozen cheesecake, I only use a springform pan. It has a base, and a circular collar that secures with a latch. After your dessert is frozen (or baked), you open the latch, and avoid the unpleasant task of trying to remove your dessert from the pan with out damaging it.
Like everything in the baking/cooking world, springform pans have a history, a a story and so many choices. Learn more here about this invaluable kitchen tool.
Steps To Make Vegan Berry Cheesecake
Vegan Berry Cheesecake
Raspberry Cream Filling
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup black berries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 2+ tbsp water. Add 2 tbsp and add more as needed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil oil bottom and sides of springform pan
- Add almonds to food processor with blade and process until almonds are nearly powder
- Chop dates into very small pieces. Add dates and oats to almonds in food processor and process until mixed well. Add 2+ tbsp of water until crust is sticky. Oil bottom of spring form pan (I used small 7" springform pan) with coconut oil to prevent sticking. Press the crust to the bottom. Place in freezer while you prepare filling.
Rasberry Cream Filling
- Add all ingredients for filling to high speed blender. Blend until filling is completely smooth, no lumps. Remove crust from freezer. Pour filling into springform pan on crust.
- Blend blackberries and maple syrup in small blender. Using tablespoon, spoon several spoonfuls onto top of raspberry cream. Using skewer or pointed utensil, swirl the blackberry topping lightly to create a design. Gently place cheesecake into the freezer for 4 hours. Slice and serve.
Tips For Making Vegan Berry Cheesecake
- This cheesecake mostly liquid, so be certain that your springform pan is leak proof. Freeze for several (4-5) hours before serving.
- I chose raspberries for the filling and blackberries for the topping. You can substitute any fruit that you like for either the filling or the topping.
- If you are making this cheesecake gluten free, but are not vegan or dairy free, you do not have to use vegan cream cheese.
- To cut the frozen cheesecake, run hot water on the knife for 2 seconds to make cutting easier.
- I used a metal skewer to swirl the blackberry topping. Be gentle when swirling so that your design will not sink into the raspberry cream.