Vegan Banana Blackberry Bread. Banana bread has always been a favorite in our house, but on a gluten free diet, bread is tricky. When you have been used to the traditional banana bread, (like the one my mother used to make), it is hard to believe that you can actually have amazing, delicious banana bread...bread that is that is both vegan and gluten free. How can you do that?
As I have discussed previously, a vegan and gluten free diet does not have to deprive you of yummy food that you loved before you changed your diet. I have often found with gluten free baking, that the bread doesn't rise as much as traditional bread so the bread doesn't seem as light and fluffy. If you don't add eggs, that problem is even worse.
No worries though--there are solutions for those problems. Baking soda, baking powder, salt and applesauce--yes, those are the tricks. This bread is light, fluffy and so moist. The weather is bad everywhere today, but you can warm up the house with the oven and indulge yourself --this is treat that you deserve. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Vegan Banana Blackberry Bread
- 1-¾ cup gluten free bread. I used Bob's Red Mill. If you are not gluten free, use your favorite all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup soy or almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 cup blackberries
- 4 ripe bananas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil for greasing loaf pan
- ½ cup blackberries
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- Toss all ingredients EXCEPT blackberries into the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Grease loaf pan well with coconut oil
- Stir blackberries into flour mixture with a spoon, not food processor
- Pour into greased loaf pan
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until top is lightly browned. The toothpick trick doesn't work because the bananas don't ever get dry
- When cooked, remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes
- Slide knife around edges of loaf pan to make sure the bread doesn't stick
- Flip bread and place on bread board
- Drizzle blackberry glaze and slice
- Add all ingredients to small blender. Blend until completely smooth
- Drizzle on bread when cooled, prior to slicing
More recipes like Vegan Banana Blackberry Bread that you might like:
See more photos on Instagram.