Vegan Asparagus Potato Frittata. Breakfast any time of the day is always a perfect meal. This eggless frittata dish makes it possible for vegans to enjoy the delicious flavor of a vegetable frittata with asparagus and potatoes. Saute the vegetables and spices, add the egg substitute and bake for 20 minutes. Simple, easy and delicious. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Vegan Asparagus Potato Frittata
- 2 cups asparagus
- 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil this is the best oil for high temperature cooking
- ½ cup leeks, or green onions
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoon Follow Your Heart Egg Substitute if you aren't vegan, use 4 eggs, but this was prepared with Follow Your Heart
- 2 cups ice water
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Add oil, leeks, asparagus, garlic to 10" pan that is oven safeSaute on high heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly
- Cook peeled potatoes in microwave for 7 minutes. Cut cooked potatoes into cubes and add to pan. Add seasoning and cook an additional 4 minutes until potato is crispy. Remove from heat.
- To prepare Follow Your Heart: I would recommend following the package directions for 4 eggs, but this is what I did. Measure 8 tablespoons of mix. Add 1 ½ cup of water and mix in small blender. If mix is still too thick like mine was, add an additional ½ cup of water to make it thick, but pourable.
- Pour egg mixture over potato asparagus mix. Spread over all vegetables. Bake for 20 minutes at 375. If you are not vegan and are using eggs, mix 4 eggs in small blender and pour over vegetables.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and sprinkle with a little red pepper flakes (but be aware of how hot flakes are, so adjust accordingly.)