Tuna Egg Salad Stuffed Peppers. Tuna is one of those foods that has great versatility, which gives many options for preparing dishes beyond the standard traditional tuna salad sandwich or tuna noodle casserole.
Here, we are looking to maximize the nutritional value while keeping the dish low carb and still delicious. Salads are really my favorite foods, but I like to enjoy salads that feature more than just lettuce. This combination of tuna and egg salad stuffed in red peppers and served on a bed of mixed greens is exactly the tuna dish that we want for 2020. So fresh, tasty and packed with protein.
Ingredients For Tuna Egg Salad Stuffed Peppers
Take a quick look at the ingredient list to make sure that you have everything that you need to make this dish. You will need:
- 12 oz tuna, packed in water
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled
- avocado mayo
- dijon mustard
- sweet pickle relish
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 4 red peppers
- green onions
- Everything But The Bagel Seasoning (I got this at Trader Joe’s but you can use another brand or make your own)
Steps For Preparing Tuna Egg Salad Stuffed Peppers
Tips For Making Tuna Egg Salad Stuffed Peppers
- Always use tuna in water rather than oil, and non-GMO if possible. Bumble Bee offers non-gmo tuna.
- When you are stuffing the peppers, it is actually much easier to do it with your hands, than to use a spoon.
- Slice a small piece from the bottom of the pepper to make sure that it will stand upright and not tip over.
Tuna Egg Salad Stuffed Peppers
- 12 oz white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 3 tbsp avocado mayonaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning I use Trader Joe's-see notes to make your own
- 4 medium red peppers
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Cut the stem off of the red peppers, in a square shape. Wash and remove seeds. Slice a small piece from the bottom if the pepper does not sit flat to allow for easier stuffing.
- Add all ingredients except greens to large bowl. Mix well, chopping the tuna and eggs into small pieces.
- Stuff each pepper with tuna egg mixture. Serve on bed of greens with avocado topping.
- I used Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel seasoning to add flavor to this dish. If you don't have that, or another brand, you can make your own. Here is a good recipe.
- The main ingredients are sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, sea salt. Easy.