Super Alkaline Soup is a combination of some of the best, most nutritious and delicious vegetables that are high on the alkaline chart. My Super Alkaline Salad is my all time most popular recipe, and this fact tells me that a lot of people are very interested in keeping their diet balanced between acid and alkaline, and are looking for delicious recipes. I decided to make a soup with several ingredients on the list of most alkaline foods, and add a super healthy garnish. After reviewing my list of most alkaline foods, I came up with this hot, delicious comfort food. Whether you are a fan of the alkaline/acid diet theory or not, one must agree that eating these alkaline foods will be good for your health. After eating this soup, you too, will be a believer! There are so many alkaline foods that I use to make my super alkaline recipes, but love this flavor and nutrition combination.
For this soup, I chose:
- baby broccoli*
- butternut squash
- bok choy
- red pepper
- kale and spinach greens*
* are on the list of Top 10 Most Alkaline Foods
Why Do I Want To Eat High Alkaline Foods?
Blood tests are used as a basic diagnostic test to measure overall health. One of the levels that can be measured in our blood, is PH level. PH level essentially tells us how acidic our blood is. This level is an indicator of health status–high acid equates to potential health risks, and high alkaline is considered healthier. In addition to ph levels, I just feel so much better when I eat high alkaline, colorful foods. I don’t need a test to know that.
Steps To Make Super Alkaline Soup
Prepare vegetables for soup. I like my soup chunky, so I don’t chop my vegetables too small.
Add all vegetables to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Add vegetable broth to the vegetables, making sure not to fill beyond the max fill line.
Add spices and lemon juice.
Set the Instant Pot for 8 minutes on pressure cook setting and NR, naturally release pressure for 10 minutes
After soup is done, and pressure released, transfer soup to a large soup bowl.
Add fresh parsley and pomegranate seeds to the top of the soup.
When serving your soup, garnish with fresh parsley which is known for its detoxifying effects on your body and pomegranate seeds, which give a delightful tart flavor to the soup.
What Are The Benefits of Alkaline Foods?
I chose these specific vegetables and spices for this Super Alkaline Soup because they all offer high fiber, vitamins, minerals, healthy omega 3 fatty acids, anti-oxidants and protein. Health benefits of eating a diet with greens and colorful foods include reducing the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, reducing high blood pressure, cholesterol, and inflammation. Each ingredient offers unique health benefits.
I will be offering more alkaline recipes in 2019, so check back often.
Super Alkaline Soup
- 3 stalks bok choy
- 2 cups baby carrots, peeled
- 4 cups mixed greens, kale, spinach, collard greens
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby broccoli
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped into cubes
- 2 red or orange peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 64 oz organic vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley for garnish
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Add all prepared vegetables to Instant Pot.* (Stove top instructions below.) I like my vegetable soup chunky, so my vegetables are not chopped small. If you prefer, you can chop your vegetables.
- Add spices and lemon juice. Add vegetable broth, making sure that your liquid does not go over the maximum line in the inner pot.
- Set Instant Pot for 8 minutes to pressure cook. After cooking is complete, let pressure release naturally NR for 10 minutes. Release pressure and remove lid when valve goes down.
- Transfer soup to large serving bowl and dish out into individual serving bowls. Garnish with parsley and pomegranate seeds.
If you are in the mood for a salad, try my Super Alkaline Salad with Immune Boosting Dressing.