Super Alkaline Salad. If you have spent any time at all reading this website, you know that I believe that healthy food is medicine and the key to long term health. My motto is, “I want food to nourish and sustain me, not just entertain me”. So, with that tall order, I try and stay away from donuts, cupcakes and other processed foods that have no, (or actually negative,) nutritional value. For me, I don’t feel as good when I eat meat, dairy, processed foods and high carb sugary foods. I love green food, brightly colored food, crunchy food and that usually means fruits and vegetables.
Super Alkaline Salad
I decided to make a salad with several ingredients on the list of most alkaline foods, and add a super healthy dressing. I came up with this deliciousness. Whether you are a fan of the alkaline/acid diet theory or not, one can’t deny that eating these alkaline foods will be good for your health. After eating this salad, you too, will be a believer! I chose cucumber, avocado, baby broccoli, raspberries, toasted almonds, baby kale, papaya and watermelon–you can use these 8 foods, or add some of your own favorites. I have already eaten this salad as I write this post, and I can say, it was awesome!
Growing My Own Vegetables and Herbs
I am growing some of my own vegetables and herbs on my patio with my organic patio garden tower. It makes it so much easier to adhere to a primarily alkaline diet. I use the vegetables and herbs the in salads, dressings, smoothies and in many of my vegan recipes. I love that it takes up only 4 square feet, and is perfect for those of us with limited space for growing healthy and organic food. The compost tube which houses the worms, allows for nutrient rich food growing. I think this is the key to the fast and healthy growth of my plants. This is my organic patio garden after only 23 days! I love that kale, one of the most alkaline foods available. Check it out here.
Immune Boosting Salad Dressing
In addition to the hearty goodness of the alkaline foods that comprise the salad, I put together an immune boosting dressing, using The Master Tonic as the base, and adding olive oil, goji berries and dates to create the dressing. I want to drink this dressing!
Super Alkaline Salad
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1 cup cucumber sliced or spiral, like mine
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1 cup baby broccoli
- 1 cup papaya
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup master tonic (recipe below)
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 4 dates
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp horseradish, minced
- 2 knobs tumeric, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 32 oz organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- Mix all ingredients together except almonds
- Toss Salad
- Mix master tonic and olive oil and salt together.
- Add dates and goji berries to blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle dressing on salad and sprinkle toasted almonds.
- Add all ingredients to apple cider vinegar.
- Blend all ingredients just until they are mixed together, not liquified
- Let tonic set in jar for 1-2 weeks, shaking periodically.
- Strain ingredients and add remaining vinegar mixture, which is your master tonic, to a jar with a top
- Use in salad dressing or for immune boosting.
Steps To Prepare Super Alkaline Salad
1. Prepare your cucumber, avocado, baby broccoli, raspberries, toasted almonds, baby kale, papaya and watermelon according to the recipe proportions. Add to large salad bowl.
2. Add Immune Boosting Dressing to the salad.
Each ingredient in the master tonic has unique benefits and contains many anti-viral and immune boosting ingredients:
Many use the Master Tonic on a daily basis to strengthen their immune system, or to address a specific problem. For our purposes, we are using it to add to other ingredients to create the salad dressing. This recipe makes about 5 cups of master tonic, which you can use for dressing, or take 1-2 tablespoons daily to obtain the health benefits on a continual basis. I am really anxious to try that, so I will be using the remaining master tonic to see how it works. Will get back to you–in the meantime, enjoy this Super Alkaline Salad!*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.These recipes are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Tips For Making Master Tonic:
- Many of the ingredients in the master tonic, are spicy or hot, so if possible, wear food rubber gloves when preparing the dressing.
- Be advised that fresh tumeric has a bright orange color, and this will stain your counter, cutting board or fingers.
- It is ideal to let the tonic set for 1-2 weeks, but if you don’t have that much time, you may use the tonic sooner, but the flavor will be weaker.
Super Alkaline Soup
Based on high demand for alkaline recipes, I have created a delicious, nutritious Super Alkaline Soup that is packed with high alkaline nutrition. With baby broccoli, carrots, bok choy, onions, garlic, butternut squash, kale and spinach greens, red peppers and garnished with fresh parsley and pomegranate, this is spicy warm comfort food. Cook in the Instant Pot, or on the stove top. Try it for yourself and see if you agree!
Recipes like Super Alkaline Salad that you might like:
To keep your healthy focus, try making this Grilled Macrobiotic Bowl for Dinner. You will love it!
Or try this Super Alkaline Cherry Smoothie
This recipe was updated on September 7, 2018.