Red Lentil Vegetable Chili-Instant Pot. As the weather starts to cool off, it is time to get some new fall recipes ready in the Instant Pot. This chili with red lentils and vegetables is packed with protein, nutrition and flavor, and is ready in less than 30 minutes. Serve it with some hot, fresh bread and you have a filling satisfying meal that your whole crowd will love. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
I made this recipe in the Instant Pot 6 Quart Pressure Cooker. Check out my review of the Instant Pot, and see all the delicious recipes that I have made with this gadget that replaces 9 kitchen tools!
Red Lentil Vegetable Chili-Instant Pot
- 16 oz organic red lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups baby broccoli, chopped
- 1 fresh beet, peeled and shredded
- 2 14.5 oz cans roma tomatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Put all ingredients in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. For Instant Pot cooking, cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- For slow cooker cooking, cook on slow cooker setting for 8 hours.
Why Cook Chili In The Instant Pot?
Onions, broccoli, tomatoes and beets are vegetables that are highly nutritious, and add delicious, hearty flavors to your red lentil chili. Lentils are packed with protein, and low in calories and carbs. No longer just a dish of beans and tomatoes, chili is now one of the most versatile dishes that you can make in the Instant Pot. The pressure cooking process steeps all of the ingredients together to enhance the flavors and this warm comfort food is ready in less than 30 minutes from chopping to serving. My favorite thing about the Instant Pot is that you toss all of the ingredients into one pot, set it, and you are done!