This Quinoa Potato Corn Scramble with Grilled Pepper Chile Sauce is ready and on your table in 30 minutes. The secret of this dish is that it is all about the sauce. It doesn’t matter what vegetables you have on hand, this pepper chile sauce will dress up, and spice up your scramble. This recipe starts with ingredients that every kitchen has on hand. This includes potatoes, onions, garlic, corn and quinoa/rice. These vegetables and grains are scrambled together and topped with homemade grilled pepper chile sauce. Dinner is done!
Nutrition Fun Facts For Quinoa Potato Corn Scramble With Grilled Pepper Chile Sauce
Quinoa: Quinoa is high in fiber, protein and antioxidants:
Protein: 8 grams,Fiber: 5 grams.Manganese: 58% of the RDA,Magnesium: 30% of the RDA,Phosphorus: 28% of the RDA,Folate: 19% of the RDA,Copper: 18% of the RDA,Iron: 15% of the RDA.
Potatoes: Potatoes actually have protein and Vitamins A, C, D, B-12, B-6, Iron, Calcium and Magnesium.
Corn: Corn contains protein, fiber and Vitamins A, C, D, B-12, B-6, Iron, Magnesium.
Quinoa Potato Corn Scramble With Grilled Pepper Chile Sauce
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tblsp. olive oil
- 2 cups potatoes chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa/brown rice I use Seeds of Change
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
Grilled Pepper Sauce
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 Anaheim chile
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- olive oil
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- black pepper
- Add olive oil, onions and garlic in pan and saute until cooked.
- Add potatoes, and spices and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done, approximately 20 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Cook frozen corn in microwave for 90 seconds to remove water.
- Add corn, cooked quinoa/rice to pan and stir until thoroughly mixed with spices.
- Serve and top with Grilled Pepper Sauce
Grilled Pepper Chile Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice red pepper and Anaheim chile and place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, granulated garlic and black pepper.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place in high speed blender.
- Add water and sea salt and blend until almost completely smooth.
- Serve over Quinoa Potato and Corn Scramble.