Pumpkin Coconut Soup. Pumpkin and Coconut are the perfect combination, and are delicious in this warm and comforting soup. Easy to prepare, it has a sweet and light flavor that you will make again and again. Great for the holiday table! Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Pumpkin Coconut Soup. Warm comfort food.
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 3 cups pumpkin or if you prefer, butternut squash
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 tsp fresh tumeric
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Drizzle coconut oil
- Saute onion and garlic in coconut oil
- Add broth, pumpkin and spices
- Simmer on low heat for 45 minutes until pumpkin is soft
- Remove from heat
- Add 1/4 cup soup to separate cup with coconut flour. Mix until smooth and add to soup to thicken. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes until flour completely mixed.
- Remove from heat and let soup cool.
- With hand mixer, puree soup to your desired consistency.
- Pour into serving bowl
- Using squeeze bottle (I used a mustard bottle), create a design on your soup with the coconut cream
- Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds
- Drizzle coconut oil on pumpkin seeds
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on seeds
- Toast in toaster oven until slightly brown
- Sprinkle on soup after coconut cream
More recipes like Pumpkin Coconut Soup:
For more photos, see Instagram