Oatmeal Persimmon Bars. Persimmon is a delicious, juicy fruit that is only available October-February and if you haven’t tried this fabulous fruit, you must. I use it in many fall recipes, and am always looking for more ways to incorporate this yummy and nutritious fruit into the menu. Today, we are combining a traditional oat bar with persimmon to give it a touch of sweetness and juicy flavor. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Oatmeal Persimmon Bars
- 2 cups of oatmeal uncooked
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg-vegetarian option
- 1 egg equivalent-vegan option I use Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg
- 2 persimmons ripe
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Place persimmons in small blender like Magic Bullet (not large Vitamix as fruit will stick to bottom and blades)
- Add maple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Mix all bar ingredients in bowl with spoon.
- Oil bottom of 8" square baking pan with coconut oil.
- Take 1/2 of oatmeal mix and press into bottom of pan.
- Top with persimmon mixture from blender and spread evenly
- Add remaining oatmeal mix on top of persimmon mixture
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.
- Let bars cool before cutting.
More vegan recipes like Oatmeal Persimmon Bars that you might like:
More food photos on Instagram.