Instant Pot Vegetable Curry. Packed with protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, this Instant Pot Vegetable Curry is off the charts delicious. Ready in less than 30 minutes, this combination of broccoli, sweet potatoes, quinoa and chickpeas is mixed with a creamy, spicy curry sauce. All of the fresh ingredients and spices are enhanced by Instant Pot pressure cooking which just melds them all together. The secret ingredient?
Anaheim chiles! Personally, I was not expecting this homemade from scratch, dish to turn out this well. It is addictive, and can be paired with white rice, noodles, or served as a thick soup. Serve with your favorite bread, and top with your favorite herbs.
This dish is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free. If you, like me, have people at your table who aren't vegan or vegetarian, you can add tofu, or chicken.
Ingredients To Make Instant Pot Vegetable Curry
Here is the shopping list for Instant Pot Vegetable Curry:
Diced tomatoes, canned
Red pepper flakes
Fresh cilantro or rosemary
Steps To Make Instant Pot Vegetable Curry
Tips For Instant Pot Cooking This Dish:
1. Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot, but don't fill past the top line.
2. Turn vent away from cabinets when releasing pressure so that steam doesn't damage your kitchen.
3. If you like your dish a little thicker, blend a small amount with a hand blender, but don't blend for too long, or you will have soup.
4. If you have people at your table who are not vegan or vegetarian, or you just want more protein, you can add 14 oz of firm tofu or 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs. (Increase cooking time to 20 minutes with chicken.)
Instant Pot Vegetable Curry
- Instant Pot
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups baby broccoli, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup anaheim chile, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
- 29 oz canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 27 oz coconut milk
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs optional
- Add vegetable broth to Instant Pot and add spices and coconut aminos. Stir well. Add all remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Place lid on Instant Pot, and close vent. Set Instant Pot to pressure cook for 8 minutes. After cooking is complete, let pressure naturally release, NR, for 10 minute. Open vent.If you are adding chicken, increase pressure cooking time to 20 minutes.
- Serve vegetable curry on noodles or white rice.