Instant Pot Spinach Mushroom Pasta really is instant….like the pasta is cooked in four minutes, and the remaining ingredients are sauteed in ten-fifteen minutes. The longest chore you have is chopping! A simple recipe with only farm fresh ingredients, is ready to serve in thirty minutes. You can use any gluten free pasta, and the fresh tomatoes and basil give the dish a tasty flavor. If you are not cooking in an Instant Pot, cook pasta according to package directions, and saute remaining ingredients according to recipe below. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Tools Of The Trade Used In This Recipe:
I made this recipe in the Instant Pot 6 Quart Pressure Cooker. Check out my review of the Instant Pot, and see all the delicious recipes that I have made with this gadget that replaces 9 kitchen tools!
Instant Pot Spinach Mushroom Pasta
- 12 oz gluten free penne pasta
- 4 cups water for pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 6 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 6 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 cups cooked white beans
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil for garnish
- 2 tbsp vegan parmesan for topping
- Add pasta to Instant Pot with 4 cups of water
- Set Instant Pot to High Pressure for 4 minutes
- (Instant Pot will warm up and then begin cooking)
- When complete, release pressure, QR, carefully with towel
- Remove inner pot with potholders and pour pasta into strainer
- Rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Rinse pot, return to cooker and set to saute.
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic, spinach, beans, mushrooms and spices.
- Saute about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- When tomatoes are tender, use hand blender to blend a small section of vegetable mix to make a sauce. Leave most vegetables intact.
- Add pasta back into pot and stir well.
- Serve. Garnish with fresh basil and vegan parmesan. 6-8 servings.
Steps For Making Spinach Mushroom Pasta:
Tip for cooking pasta in the Instant Pot:
While I am not an expert on Instant Pot cooking, I am trying to make it as useful as possible in my kitchen. In addition to the tender juicy flavor that food cooked in the Instant Pot has, it is ready in much less time than any other method of cooking. Many do not recommend cooking pasta in the Instant Pot, as the gummy water can clog the vent. I did notice that somewhat, but I cleared the vent immediately after pressure was released. In my experience, the lentil pasta caused less of a problem with clogging than wheat pasta. Definitely don’t over cook the pasta, as it will become very mush.
See more food photos on Instagram