When you use portobello mushrooms in your dish, somehow, it becomes fancy. Grilled Portobello With Cauliflower Onion Mash is ready in less than thirty minutes, requires only five ingredients and still is a filling, delicious and yes, fancy lunch or dinner. This dish also has other cool options–serve the cauliflower mash as a side dish, or use smaller mushrooms, and create a fancy appetizer on game day. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Grilled Portobello With Cauliflower Onion Mash
Grilled Portobello With Cauliflower Mash. Creamy and delicious. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 cups minced cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil + drizzle on mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + sprinkling on mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp black pepper + sprinkling on mushrooms
- 1 tsp granulated garlic + sprinkling on mushrooms
- 8 oz precooked quinoa or rice. I used Seeds of Change Quinoa, Brown & Red Rice.
- Drizzle olive oil on mushrooms, both sides and sprinkle evenly with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes
- Saute cauliflower, onions, salt, pepper and granulated garlic in olive oil for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from pan and mash with small mixer. Add few drops of water if needed to get desired creamy texture.
- Saute red pepper for 5 minutes.
- Serve cauliflower and onion mix inside grilled portobello on bed of quinoa, brown and red rice and top with red pepper.
For more recipe photos go to Instagram.
More recipes like Grilled Portobello With Cauliflower Onion Mash