Grilled Polenta and Vegetables. This tasty dish can be ready in less than thirty minutes. Flavorful, healthy and easy, this will be a family favorite. Fresh asparagus, sliced leeks and mushrooms and grilled with seasoned polenta and topped with marinara sauce, makes for a delicious, nutritious meal or snack. Don’t have those vegetables on hand? Feel free to substitute whatever is in your fridge because the grilled polenta is completely versatile and will taste great with any vegetables. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Grilled Polenta and Vegetables
- 18 oz tube of precooked polenta
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil for polenta
- 4 tbsp olive oil for grill
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 leeks sliced
- 12 oz approx 25 asparaguspackage of asparagus, whole
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Slice polenta, should yield 12 slices
- Place on flat surface and sprinkle salt, pepper, olive oil and smoked paprika. Turn over and repeat.
- Spread olive oil on grill to prevent sticking
- Add polenta, sliced leeks, sliced mushrooms and asparagus to grill, Do not slice asparagus until after it is cooked.
- Grill temperatures vary, but grill your polenta and vegetables until cooked. Cook approximately 5 minutes on each side and turn halfway through cooking.
- After removing vegetables from grill, chop asparagus, discarding bottom stems
- Assemble polenta-add mushrooms, leeks, asparagus on top of polenta. Top with marinara sauce.
Tools of the Trade for this recipe:
George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill. Check out my complete review of this grill here, and take a look at all of the recipes that I have been grilling and why it makes your grilling indoors or outdoors, so much easier. This post contains affiliate links.
More recipes like Grilled Polenta And Vegetables
For more photos, see my Foodgawker Gallery