Grilled Chipotle Tofu Sandwich. Summer is almost here, and it is now officially grill time. I love to grill everything I can, and fortunately, our weather usually cooperates. This tofu is marinaded in the chipotle mix, which gives it a spicy kick. After grilling the tofu, assemble the sandwich with fresh ingredients--greens, onions, avocado, tomato and drizzle with chipotle marinade. This sandwich will definitely become a favorite! Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Tools of the Trade for this recipe:
George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill. Check out my complete review of this grill here, and take a look at all of the recipes that I have been grilling and why it makes your grilling indoors or outdoors, so much easier. This post contains affiliate links.
Grilled Chipotle Tofu Sandwich
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon chipotle seasoning I use Mrs Dash Southwestern Chipotle
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 4 cloves garlic
Tofu and Toppings
- 7 oz tofu, sliced
- ½ cup greens
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Feel free to use a vegan bun if desired. This bread is vegetarian and is from : https://lexiscleankitchen.com/the-ultimate-paleo-sandwich-rolls/.
- Mix all tofu marinade ingredients (except tofu) in high speed blender
- Slice tofu into 6 equal sized slices. Place tofu in shallow dish, and pour marinade over tofu, covering well. Refrigerate for 2 hours or longer.
- Place tofu on grill. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until you see grill marks. Drizzle marinade on tofu, leaving small amount for bread. Brush leftover marinade on sandwich bread top and bottom.
- Assemble sandwich with greens, tofu, onions, tomato, avocado. Serve.
Steps to prepare Grilled Chipotle Tofu Sandwich: