Garlic Sage Butter Vegetable Stirfry. When I name a recipe after the dish is complete, I try to include the main ingredients so that the title allows readers to know what the main ingredients are. In this case, when I was preparing to name this recipe, I loved the garlic sage butter so much, that I made it the star of the recipe because although I used these 3 vegetables, this butter is delicious on anything. You can spread it on other vegetables, rice, pasta, biscuits or to kick up the flavor on any grilled food.
This dish has all of the important criteria when you have a hungry crowd--it is ready in less than thirty minutes, it requires only 3 ingredients for the stirfry and 3 ingredients for the garlic sage butter and is healthy and so delicious. This dish is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free.
Steps For Garlic Sage Butter Vegetable Stirfry
Tips For Stirfry
1. Stirfry mushrooms on high heat to eliminate moisture that will make them soggy when cooking on lower temperature
2. Cook sweet potatoes in microwave prior to adding to stirfry to allow for even cooking of all vegetables
3. While stirfrying all vegetables on high heat, stir constantly to avoid sticking
Garlic Sage Butter Vegetable Stirfry
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and spiralized or shredded
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups minced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Garlic Sage Butter
- ½ cup butter. I used vegan butter Miyoko that I found at Trader Joe's, but if you are not vegan, use salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon fresh sage, leaves only (not stems)
- Using no oil, stirfry mushrooms on high until slightly browned, about 3 minutes in large pan
- Spiralize or shred sweet potatoes. Cook sweet potatoes for 5 minutes in microwave.
- Add minced cauliflower and ½ garlic sage butter to mushroom stirfry, lower heat to medium high and mix well for 3 minutes
- Add sweet potatoes and remaining garlic sage butter and stirfry for an additional 3-5 minutes, depending on how well done you like your sweet potatoes. If you cook them too long however, they will get mushy, so watch carefully.
- Serve stirfry garnished with fresh sage.
Garlic Sage Butter
- Melt butter in microwave. Add butter, sage, salt and garlic to blender and blend until smooth.