Energy is a good thing, and everybody wants some. The only bad news is, after you try these tasty Fruit and Nut Energy Bars, you won’t be able to ever give them up. It is true that food is energy, but it is great to find a snack or meal that, in addition to being healthy, is also so delicious. I have to admit, when testing some of the vegan and gluten free recipes, they sometimes lack that zing that I really want in order to not feel deprived on a limited or healthy diet. These bars do not disappoint!
Fruit and Nut Energy Bars
- 4 dates soaked in water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp aquafaba liquid from canned chickpeas aka garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix all ingredients in bowl by hand, not with mixer.
- Spray coconut oil on baking pan so that bars won't stick.
- You can use a 9" square pan or a baking pan that is specifically for bars.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until done in center.
- Makes 8 bars 3 1/2" x 2" as pictured.
Other recipes like Fruit and Nut Energy Bars that you might like:
See more photos onInstagram