Creamy Stuffed Dates. I have been cooking for over 50 years, and I can honestly say, this is the best appetizer that I have ever made. Often, when I am creating recipes, they come from a combination of what I have left in the refrigerator. That is exactly what happened here; I had dates, whipped cream cheese and fresh basil. With those ingredients, I stuffed the dates with the whipped cream cheese, topped with a raw almond, and fresh basil. The basil was almost an after thought, but I found that it is the key. So sweet, creamy, crunchy and overall yummy.
Ingredients For Creamy Stuffed Dates
Check the ingredient list to make sure that you have everything that you need to make this appetizer. You will need
- 16 pitted dates
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese (vegan if preferred)
- 16 raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Steps For Making Creamy Stuffed Dates
- Soak dates and slice open.
- Spoon cream cheese into opening and add almond
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes; remove from oven
- Top with chopped fresh basil and serve
This appetizer is perfect for everyday gatherings or your holiday spread. It is ready in less than 30 minutes; you definitely cannot eat just one.
Creamy Stuffed Dates
- 16 dates, pitted and soaked for 2 hours
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese vegan cream cheese if vegan or dairy free
- 16 raw almonds
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Soak dates for 2 hours; slice open each date, but don't slice in half
- Spoon cream cheese to fill date; add 1 almond in middle
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes on pan with silicon or non stick mat
- Remove from oven. Chop fresh basil; spinkle fresh basil on baked dates.
- Purchase pitted dates if possible. If not, gently remove pit after soaking and slicing date open. Try to keep date whole.