Chile Lime Jackfruit Bowl. It is summer, and that means grilling season. Even vegans like to grill food, and this chile lime jackfruit has enough kick to be the star of this bowl! Chile lime seasoning adds heat and the grilled vegetables add nutrition and flavor--the result is a delicious, filling, easy, ready in 30 minutes, dish. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Tools of the Trade for this recipe:
George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill. Check out my complete review of this grill here, and take a look at all of the recipes that I have been grilling and why it makes your grilling indoors or outdoors, so much easier. This post contains affiliate links.
Chile Lime Jackfruit Bowl
- 14 oz organic jackfruit
- 1 tbsp chile lime seasoning I used Trader Joes, but you can use any brand
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa/brown rice, cooked I used Seeds of Change
- 14 oz cooked black beans
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow or red pepper, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Add jackfruit to flat dish and mix with chile lime seasoning and olive oil until all pieces are coated
- Add jackfruit to skewers or, place them on the grill. Grill for 3-4 minutes and flip, cooking an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from grill and shred jackfruit into smaller pieces.
- Add squash, mushrooms, onion and pepper to grill. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Grill 8 minutes, stirring frequently.Remove from grill
- Heat beans and rice in separate bowls in microwave.
- Assemble Bowl: For each bowl, add ¼ quinoa/rice, ¼ black beans, ¼ grilled vegetables and ¼ of grilled jackfruit. You should have 4 bowls, with approximately the same portion of ingredients. (if you prefer more jackfruit, add an additional can, and chile lime and olive oil)