Broccoli Mushroom Tetrazzini. Fall is coming, and we need quick and easy dinners that are also healthy and delicious. Broccoli Mushroom Tetrazzini is that, ready in 40 minutes, delightfully satisfying, tasty and healthy. For the pasta, I used Trader Joe’s Red Organic Lentil Sedanini (not sponsored), although you can use any gluten free pasta that you have on hand. The lentil pasta is a refreshing change from the standard flour pastas that I typically use– it actually tasted like lentils, had more protein and fiber than traditional pasta, and was yummy. This dish is vegan, gluten free and dairy free, of course.
Broccoli Mushroom Tetrazzini
- 3 cups of fresh broccoli cooked 4 minutes in microwave (if using frozen, drain liquid after cooking)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 3 cups almond or other nut milk
- 3 1/2 tbsp gluten free flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 12 oz gluten free pasta I used Trader Joe's Lentil Pasta
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- Mix in high speed blender:
- 1/3 cup brazil nuts
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- *There are many recipes for Vegan Parmesan on the internet. I don't claim that this is an original creation--these are just the ingredients that I use to get the taste that I want in the Vegan Parmesan Cheese.
- Cook broccoli in microwave for 4 minutes
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse in cold water
- Stir fry mushrooms and leeks in olive oil for 4 minutes in pan
- Remove mushrooms and leeks from pan.
Create sauce in pan that you just removed leaks and mushrooms from:
- Add almond milk, salt, pepper, granulated garlic and tarragon to pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat
- Scoop 1/2 cup of boiled milk and place in separate cup to create white sauce
- Mix almond flour into cup of milk and stir until lumps are gone.
- Return flour mixture to remaining milk in pan. Cook on medium for a few minutes until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add drained pasta, broccoli, mushrooms and leeks to pan with sauce
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed.
- Top with vegan parmesan cheese for serving.
More recipes like Broccoli Mushroom Tetrazzini that you might enjoy:
For more photos, see Instagram.