Black Bean Pasta Bowl. This pasta bowl can be on your table in less than thirty minutes, and only requires 4 ingredients. Who doesn't love that when time is short, and everyone is hungry? In my opinion, the black bean pasta is superior to wheat pasta because it packs 14 grams of protein and 15 grams of fiber in every serving. When you add vegetables, you have a completely nutritionally balanced meal with the bonus of great flavor. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Black Bean Pasta Bowl
- 12 oz bag black bean pasta I used Trader Joe's
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced red and yellow peppers
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Saute mushrooms and red pepper in olive oil for 5 minutes on medium high heat. Add salt and granulated garlic.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add marinara sauce to vegetables that have been sauteed. Add pasta and stir. Serve with choice of herbs for garnish.