This black bean pasta recipe can be on your table in less than thirty minutes, and only requires 4 ingredients. Who doesn't love that when time is short, and everyone is hungry?
In my opinion, the black bean pasta is superior to wheat pasta because it packs 14 grams of protein and 15 grams of fiber in every serving. When you add vegetables, you have a completely nutritionally balanced meal with the bonus of great flavor.
Black bean pasta is so much healthier than wheat flour pasta and the Trader Joe's Rotini has (per 2 oz or 56 g or ¾ cup):
- just 1.5g fat
- 15g fiber (out of 35g total carbs)
- 14g protein
This is vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
This bowl is wholesome, packed with nutritious foods that compliment each other and quick to prep. It's made with just:
- black bean rotini
- yellow and red bell peppers
Then just add salt + pepper and marinara to personal taste preferences.
The yellow + red bell peppers add a nice sweetness to this, but you can also substitute them for more greens, such as:
- green peppers
- snow peas
If you like a little heat in your dish, red chili flakes are a great addition.
Black Bean Pasta Bowl
- 12 oz bag black bean pasta I used Trader Joe's
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced red and yellow peppers
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Saute mushrooms and red pepper in olive oil for 5 minutes on medium high heat. Add salt and granulated garlic.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add marinara sauce to vegetables that have been sauteed. Add pasta and stir. Serve with choice of herbs for garnish.