MexiCali Quiche. Living in Southern California, there are certain things that just become part of your life. Good weather, lots of people, so much excellent food and avocados. I had never even heard of avocados before moving to California. Once you meet an avocado though, it becomes a staple, and you will add it to everything that you can. In this case, I took all things California and created a quiche that I feel reflects our cuisine. Vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1/2 cup soy or almond milk
- 1/2 cup red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup pinto beans
- 1/2 cup sun dried or fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp green chiles canned
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese substitute I use Follow Your Heart
- 3 corn tortillas
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease the bottom of a 10 1/2" cast iron pan
- Place the 3 corn tortillas, covering the bottom
- Scramble eggs in large bowl. Mix all remaining ingredients in the bowl with the eggs.
- Pour mixture into pan on top of corn tortillas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Serve quiche topped with cilantro, avocado slices and salsa.
More recipes like MexiCali Quiche:
For more photos, see Instagram