Zucchini Salad. As the weather gets warmer, and fresh produce abounds, it is time for a light and refreshing salad that isn't just lettuce. This zucchini salad flavor is enhanced with basil and leeks, and served on a bed of fresh tomatoes. Light, refreshing, delicious and pretty enough to serve to guests. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
- 3 zucchini, shredded
- ¼ cup vegan parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup leeks or green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh basil for garnish
- Add salt to shredded zucchini and let sit for 15 minutes to remove water from zucchini. Squeeze zucchini with clean towel.
- Add, cheese, basil, garlic, onion, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper to zucchini and mix well.
- Press zucchini mix into 4 ramekins, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Slice tomatoes and arrange on plate.
- Run knife around edge of ramekin. Turn ramekin upside down on top of tomato slices. Garnish with fresh basil