Zucchini Balls. These balls are perfect as a snack, appetizer or part of a meal. Chose your favorite dip– peanut/almond butter, hot chili sauce or spicy mustard and get ready for a flavor sensation that is also good for you! Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
- 3 cups shredded zucchini/yellow squash
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or if no chia seeds, substitute ground flax
- 4 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup chopped onion or leek
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 2/3 cup gluten free flour
- For dipping use peanut/almond butter, hot chili sauce or hot mustard.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Shred zucchini/yellow squash
- Place zucchini/squash on clean towel and sprinkle with sea salt and mix in. Let set for 10 minutes
- Add chia seeds to water and stir. Let set for 10 minutes
- Add flour, red and black pepper, onion, garlic to new bowl and mix
- Add chia seeds mix to flour mix and stir
- Squeeze water from shredded zucchini/yellow squash
- Add zucchini to flour mix and stir until completely mixed
- Scoop balls from bowl with ice cream scooper. Press firmly into balls and place on baking sheet with parchment. (Large ice cream scoop will yield 12 balls which work better with a fork; if you want bite/appetizer size, use smaller scoop which should yield 24 balls.)
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your balls. Turn them at halfway point. These balls will stick to the baking sheet even with parchment, so carefully turn them with a sturdy spatula. Serve with your favorite dips.
More recipes like Zucchini Balls that you might enjoy:
For more recipes, see Foodgawker Gallery