Spinach Mushroom Potato Breakfast Casserole
Spinach Mushroom Potato Breakfast Casserole is the perfect dish, any time of day. Fresh eggs and vegetables are combined with spices and cheese and the result is yummy and filling. You can prepare the ingredients ahead of time, and bake when you are ready which makes it easy for those busy days.
Servings 9 people
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 4 slices gluten free bread, cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 2 cups spinach or greens
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 5 oz shredded parmesan cheese for dairy free or vegan, substitute vegan cheese
- 8 eggs omit eggs and use Follow Your Heart for vegan option
Chop green onions and shred potatoes in food processor. Remove and set aside.
Add 8 eggs, milk, salt, pepper and dijon to food processor and blend well.
Slice bread into cubes.
Using 9x13 pan, oil bottom and sides. Add onions, potatoes, mushrooms, spinach and bread cubes to pan and mix well. Add parmesan cheese to egg mixture and stir (not with food processor). Pour egg mixture into pan and stir.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- I prepared this dish ahead of time, and baked it in the oven the next morning. (This is the perfect dish to enjoy on Christmas morning, because you can do just that.)
- For a vegan option, eliminate the eggs and use Follow Your Heart egg substitute and substitute vegan cheese.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 356kcal