Tuna Egg Salad Stuffed Peppers
This tuna egg salad stuffed peppers is the pefect combination of flavor and nutrition and offers a low carb option for lunch or dinner.
- 12 oz white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 3 tbsp avocado mayonaise
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp everything but the bagel seasoning I use Trader Joe's-see notes to make your own
- 4 medium red peppers
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 4 cups mixed greens
Cut the stem off of the red peppers, in a square shape. Wash and remove seeds. Slice a small piece from the bottom if the pepper does not sit flat to allow for easier stuffing.
Add all ingredients except greens to large bowl. Mix well, chopping the tuna and eggs into small pieces.
Stuff each pepper with tuna egg mixture. Serve on bed of greens with avocado topping.
- I used Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel seasoning to add flavor to this dish. If you don't have that, or another brand, you can make your own. Here is a good recipe.
- The main ingredients are sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, sea salt. Easy.
Serving: 1pepper | Calories: 236kcal