Chile Lime Rice Bean Bowl
Chile Lime ups the kick in any dish and it definitely adds spice to this rice bean bowl. This quick and easy dish is ready in less than 30 minutes, and uses only 6 ingredients--it is ready in no time to feed your hungry crowd. This bowl is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
- 16 oz organic extra or super firm tofu, cut into cubes drained and moisture removed
- 2 cups cooked brown rice/quinoa and brown rice I use Seeds of Change Garlic Quinoa and Brown Rice
- 1 can, 15oz black beans drained
- 1 can, 14.5 oz roasted tomatoes drained
- 2 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup green onions or leeks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chile lime seasoning I used Trader Joe's, but any brand will work. See notes for a homemade recipe if you want to make your own
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoon cilantro
Remove tofu from package. Wrap in clean towel. Place weight on top to remove moisture and let sit for 15 minutes. (I used a cast iron pan, but use anything heavy)
After tofu has moisture removed, cut into cubes. Heat olive oil in pan, and add tofu. Sprinkle with granulated garlic and salt and stir fry for 5 minutes on medium heat, gently turning so you don't break tofu.
Add rice, beans, onions and greens. Stir into tofu. Sprinkle chile lime seasoning and mix well.
When rice, beans and greens are throughly heated, add tomatoes and mix.
Serve with cilantro and avocado.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 288kcal