Instant Pot Lentil Pasta With Kale Cauliflower Alfredo
Incredibly delicious cauliflower alfredo cooked in the Instant Pot in 3 minutes. When you add it to lentil pasta, also cooked in the Instant Pot in 3 minutes, you have yummy dish, packed with fiber and protein.
Prep Time 24 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 10 cups
- 9.5 oz box of green lentil penne pasta that is what I used, you can use any pasta that you like
- 4 cups water
- 5 cups minced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp horseradish mustard
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups almond or soy milk
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves of garlic about garlic. I use packaged, pre-peeled garlic and it is less potent. If you use fresh from the bulb garlic, you may want to adjust and use less garlic.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 7 cups of fresh baby kale
Place pasta and water in Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release when cooked. Note: Pasta and water create a lot of pressure. I lightly place a towel on the pressure valve when it is releasing to avoid having my kitchen sprayed with pasta water.)
Drain pasta and run cold water on it to prevent sticking. Set aside.
Add all ingredients and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release pressure.
Using hand blender or high speed blender, blend alfredo sauce until it is smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Cook Kale 2 minutes in microwave. This will result in al-dente, crispy kale.
Mix pasta and kale. Add alfredo sauce.
1. Remember that the Instant Pot takes 15-20 minutes to heat up before you can actually cook with it. Keep this in mind and start the heat up process while you are preparing your ingredients
2. About garlic. I use packaged, pre-peeled garlic and it is less potent. If you use fresh from the bulb garlic, you may want to adjust and use less garlic).
Serving: 1g | Calories: 416kcal