It is Taco Tuesday, and the perfect day for Vegetable Tacos With Chipotle Hummus. Well actually, any day is the perfect day for tacos, if you ask me. Tacos are really the perfect food– a few carbs with a corn tortilla, vitamins and nutrition with sauteed vegetables and protein and flavor galore with chipotle hummus. There are literally an unlimited number of taco combinations that one can prepare to get their taco fix. Today though, it is vegetable tacos and spicy chipotle hummus. For those who don’t want the whole taco, or for kids, a fantastic option is to add the same ingredients on baked polenta rounds. All vegan, gluten free, dairy free and delicious!
Vegetable Tacos With Chipotle Hummus
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 cup of red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 2 cups of greens kale or spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 18 oz pre cooked polenta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup precooked brown/red rice. I use Seeds of Change.
- 1 16 oz can of garbonzo beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle seasoning
- Juice of one lime
- Saute vegetables in olive oil and salt and garlic until done, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Slice polenta into 12 rounds.Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Spoon vegetables on top of polenta rounds.
- Top with chipotle hummus
- Drain garbonzo beans. Preserve liquid.
- Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth adding preserved liquid as needed.
- Heat tortillas in oven or microwave
- Spoon rice, cooked vegetables into corn tortillas.
- Top with Chipotle Hummus and slice of avocado
- If you want more spice, add hot sauce
- This recipe makes 6 corn tortillas and 12 polenta rounds, but you can use any combination that you prefer.
More dishes like Vegetable Tacos With Chipotle Hummus that you might enjoy:
Check out more photos on Instagram.