Vegetable Fritters With Hot Chili Sauce are perfect for lunch, dinner, snacks, or fancy appetizers. For kids, you can use a milder peanut sauce and they are great finger foods. In my experience, fritters have always been fried, high in fat and short on nutrition. Now, you can have something crunchy, vegetable level nutritious and not fried. To make sure they were very crunchy, I baked half of the fritters for 30 minutes in the Cuisinart Convection Oven at 350 for 30 minutes, and half of the fritters in the regular oven at 375 for 30 minutes– the Cuisinart fritters were definitely crisper. Try them out–everyone will love them and they make great left overs. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Crunchy, healthy vegetable fritters. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 potato, shredded
- 1 cup fresh corn (cut from cob, or canned. Don't use frozen unless thawed)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli heads, not stems
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp green chiles
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup water. Add enough water so that the mixture is the consistency of pancake batter.
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add vegetables, garlic, ginger and water.
- Mix evenly.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop mixture with small scoop, press into scoop to solidfy ingredients and place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes in toaster/convection oven or bake for 30 minutes at 375 in regular oven. I found fritters were crispier in toaster oven.
- Mix all ingredients in small high speed blender, like a Magic Bullet or just mix with wooden spoon. Don't use the Vitamix since the peanut butter will stick to the bottom and blades.
- Serve with hot chili sauce or optional peanut sauce. Makes approximately 24 fritters.
Other recipes like Vegetable Fritters that you might enjoy: