Vegan Pumpkin Chili With Polenta Croutons. Chili is always a bowl of comfort when the weather is cold, and just in time for the holidays, this is a twist on an old favorite. Pumpkin Chili with Polenta Croutons is sweet and spicy, and will definitely be one of your favorite versions of chili. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Vegan Pumpkin Chili. Tasty, warm and comforting. Gluten free, dairy free.
- 1 can kidney beans, 15 oz.
- 1 cup white beans
- 1 box organic vegetable broth, 32 oz
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1 can tomatoes, 15 oz
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin, or 8 oz of canned pumpkin
- 1/2 leek, sliced for garnish
- 4 oz of cooked polenta, preferably in sleeve
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook 4-5 hours on high or 8-9 hours on low.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Slice polenta into rounds, and then again into pie shapes
- Sprinkle salt and drizzle olive oil on polenta
- Bake on cookie sheet for 20 minutes, or until thoroughly heated
- Serve chili topped with polenta croutons and sliced leeks.
More recipes like Vegan Pumpkin Chili With Polenta Croutons that you might enjoy:
For more photos, see Instagram