Sweet Potato Salad. This salad as perfect as a side or a main dish and is scrumptious when topped with Cilantro Dressing. All of the ingredients lend a unique sweetness to the flavor, and the combination is light and delicious. This is a meal and a not just an ordinary salad. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 large sweet potatoes cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp lime zest or toss small piece of lime peel into blender
- small slice of fresh ginger
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 dates
- Cook sweet potatoes (boil, or microwave) until just done, not until mushy. Peel and cut into cubes when cool.
- Add sweet potatoes, green onions, pistachios and cranberries to bowl.
- Add dressing and toss. Add sweet potato salad to bed of mixed greens and serve.
- Add all ingredients in high speed blender and blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- This recipe makes 12 ounces of dressing. Only use 1/2 of this dressing for the sweet potato salad and save the rest for up to 10 days.
Other recipes like Sweet Potato Salad that you might enjoy:
For more recipes see Foodgawker Gallery