Maple Sweet Potato Bread-vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free. Bread is always a challenge on a gluten free diet, but this sweet potato bread has all the flavor! Beautiful seasonal sweet potatoes, spices and maple syrup can only be described as “Yum”! Adding freshly cooked sweet potatoes to a lightly sweetened dough, will give you a moist and fluffy bread. You can serve this bread for breakfast, with a main course, or it is also perfect for holiday menus.
Sweet Potato Bread
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 eggs or for vegan 2 tbsp ground flax seed and 6 tbsp water
- 1 -1/2 cup boiled sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add eggs, maple syrup, eggs and oil.
- Fold in sweet potatoes. Do not use mixer.
- Lightly grease 9x5 bread loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Bake at 350 for one hour. Enjoy!