Sweet Fig Dip. Summer is in full swing, and for 4th of July week, we are whipping up new outdoor snacks and appetizers this week. To entertain your crowd, you can put together an appetizer board with delicious dips made with fresh vegetables and fruits. This sweet fig dip is served with fresh fruits, including watermelon, pineapple and strawberries or you can spread it on fresh bread. Simple, sweet and creamy, this dip is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Sweet Fig Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2 hours and drained
- 6 dried figs, soaked 2 hours in 1 cup water, preserved
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¾ cup fig soaking water, or more if needed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1-½ cup watermelon, sliced
- 1-½ cup pineapple, sliced
- 1-½ cup strawberries
- Chop figs. Add all ingredients in high speed blender until all ingredients are well mixed and dip is smooth. Add more water as needed.