Spinach, Mushroom, Smoky Polenta Bowl. This bowl is ready in less than thirty minutes, and is a spicy, nutritious filling dish that you will make again and again. You have many choices to mix this this up–serve with rice, noodles, or with a fried egg for a vegetarian option. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Spinach, Mushroom & Smoky Polenta Bowl
- 1 cup of shredded broccoli/carrot slaw
- 1 cup of sliced leeks
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups whole mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- ***The red pepper and smoked paprika made this dish spicy hot. If you don't want that much heat reduce the red pepper and smoked paprika.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz cooked polenta cubed
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
- Saute broccoli slaw, leeks, garlic, mushrooms. Drain any excess water.
- Add spinach, spices, salt and polenta and simmer for 6 minutes or until polenta is thoroughly heated.
- For vegetarian option, top with baked egg and red pepper flakes.
More recipes like Spinach, Mushroom, Smoky Polenta Bowl:
For more photos, see Instagram.