Spicy Vegan Ramen. We are all familiar with ramen, remember, in a box, full of chemicals and starch? It was a food that you ate when you were low in budget in most cases, although I know people who love this junk. This homemade from scratch ramen bears no resemblance to that ramen. This is a delicious, full of nutrition and flavor ramen that is vegan, gluten free and dairy free. You will never go back.
Spicy Vegan Ramen. New take on ramen...vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
- 1 can organic jackfruit (14oz)
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups sliced leeks
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp. chili sauce--the sauce I used was Maggi Sweet Chile Sauce, Mild, so adjust to taste.
- 8 cups of organic vegetable broth
- 4 green onions chopped, for topping
- 8 ounces noodles (I used gluten free rice pasta)
- Chop jackfruit, red pepper and garlic cloves and saute in olive oil. Add onion powder.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large pot and bring to boil.
- Add cooked pasta and simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Add jackfruit and garlic and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
More foods like Spicy Vegan Ramen:
For more photos, see Instagram