Roasted Vegetable Pizza. The combination of pizza and vegetables is the best match up. Pizza can be full of fat, preservatives and chemicals, but with a gluten free homemade crust and fresh vegetables, it is a healthy twist on the old favorite.
Roasting makes everything taste better, and of course, clean up is much easier. One of the best things about vegetable pizza, is that it can be made with a myriad of vegetables. If you don't have all of the ingredients listed, you can always mix it up to use any vegetables that you have on hand. If you are short on time, you can use a pre-cooked pizza crust, but I love this gluten free crust. Try it, you will love it and of course, feel free to experiment. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
Grilled Vegetable Pizza
- 1-½ cup gluten free flour-1for1 I used Bob's Red Mill
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp xanthun gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-½ tsp rapid rise yeast
- ¾ cup +2 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 cup artichokes sliced
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- ½ cup favorite pizza sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped, for garnish
- ½ cup tofu, chopped and crumbled
- Add maple syrup, water and yeast to small cup. Let sit for 10 minutes
- Mix all dry ingredients to large bowl and mix well. Add oil.
- Add water/yeast mix to dry mix. Using mixer, mix for approximately 5 minutes until all ingredients are absorbed.
- Cover dough and let sit for 30 minutes.
- After dough has risen, press dough evenly to edge of pizza pan lined with silicon or parchment paper. This pizza will stick to the pan without silicon or parchment. If dough is too sticky, use olive oil on your hands.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Slice onion and artichokes.
- After removing crust from oven, spread pizza sauce on crust. Add sliced onion, artichokes, olives, sun dried tomatoes (and tofu if adding) and arrange evenly on crust.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- After pizza is cooked, garnish with fresh chopped basil
More recipes like Roasted Vegetable Pizza:
For more photos, see Instagram