As fall approaches, it is time to think about what recipes will warm you as the weather cools. Yes, it’s time for soup! Roasted Squash Mushroom Soup is a hearty, filling, flavorful soup that will warm you, and fill you up. When I was young, my favorite soup was Cream of Mushroom soup, because at that time, some form of milk and mushrooms was called a soup. Now, soups are sexy again, and fresh vegetables and spices tossed together can really create magic. In addition to being delicious, this soup is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Roasted Squash and Mushroom Soup
The most delicious roasted squash, mushroom soup you have ever tasted. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free.
- 3 cups of butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- salt and pepper
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 3 tbsp toasted pistachios
- Spread squash and mushrooms on baking sheet
- Drizzle coconut oil on squash and mushrooms
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes
- Add all soup ingredients except coconut flour to large pot
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup of soup to coconut flour in separate cup. Mix until flour is dissolved and lump free. Add to soup to thicken it.
- Add squash and mushrooms from baking pan.
- Simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top with toasted pistachios.
See more recipe photos on Instagram.
More recipes like Roasted Squash Mushroom Soup that you might enjoy:
Tofu Cauliflower Kale Tacos With Lemon Mint Creme
Hearty Provencal Vegetable Soup With Pesto
Jackfruit Rice Tortilla Soup With Mango Salsa
Power Greens Stirfry With Hot Peanut Dressing
Smoky Jackfruit Tacos With Jalapeno Creme