As fall approaches, it is time to think about what recipes will warm you as the weather cools. Yes, it's time for soup! Roasted Squash Mushroom Soup is a hearty, filling, flavorful soup that will warm you, and fill you up. When I was young, my favorite soup was Cream of Mushroom soup, because at that time, some form of milk and mushrooms was called a soup. Now, soups are sexy again, and fresh vegetables and spices tossed together can really create magic. In addition to being delicious, this soup is vegan, gluten free and dairy free. You can prepare this soup in the Instant Pot, or on the stove top.
Roasted Squash and Mushroom Soup
- 3 cups of butternut squash cubed
- 2 cups of mushrooms sliced
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 64 oz vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoon toasted pistachios
- If you are cooking in the Instant Pot, you do not roast the vegetables first. That is only for stove stop cooking
- Add coconut oil to Instant Pot inner pot. Set to saute. Saute mushrooms and squash in coconut oil for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients except flour.
- Pressure cook for 4 minutes; let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, and release pressure.
- Add ½ cup of soup to coconut flour in separate cup. Mix until flour is dissolved and lump free. Add to soup to thicken it and set to saute for 3 minutes.
- Top with toasted pistachios.
Roasted Vegetables-for Stove top cooking
- Spread squash and mushrooms on baking sheet
- Drizzle coconut oil on squash and mushrooms
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and granulated garlic.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes
- Add all soup ingredients except coconut flour to large pot
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes
- Add ½ cup of soup to coconut flour in separate cup. Mix until flour is dissolved and lump free. Add to soup to thicken it.
- Add squash and mushrooms from baking pan.
- Simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
See more recipe photos on Instagram.
More recipes like Roasted Squash Mushroom Soup that you might enjoy:
updated September 18, 2018