Raw Pomegranate Cheesecake. Are you in the mood for something sweet, but not too sweet? This cheesecake is for you. Date and mulberry crust, light and fluffy pomegranate filling and pomegranate chia frosting. Quick, light and delicious. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free and raw.
Raw Pomegranate Cheesecake
- 2 cups dried mulberries I ordered mine on Amazon
- 1 cup soaked dates reserve water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp. date water
- 1/2 avocado makes the filling oh so fluffy
- 2 cups soaked organic raw cashews
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds-- I used white chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. date water as needed--add slowly so that frosting doesn't get too liquid
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Blend mulberries and dates in food processor until smooth. Add date water if needed.
Lightly oil 9" pan. Press crust into pan.
Blend Filling ingredients in blender until smooth. Spread on crust. Place pan in freezer for 1 hour
Blend ingredients for pomegranate chia frosting in small blender. Let set 1 hour. After removing pan from freezer, spread frosting on top. Keep refrigerated or frozen for best taste and texture. Top with pomegranate seeds right before serving.
crust inspired by @edgarraw.
Other Recipes like Raw Pomegranate Cheesecake You Might Enjoy:
More photos at Foodgawker Gallery