Quinoa Chipotle Burger. If you are craving a burger, and want to try something that is new and completely fulfilling, you must give quinoa burgers a shot. The quinoa, beans, chia and flax seed pack an abundance of protein and fiber, as well as other nutrients. The chipotle seasoning and sauce give the burger a tangy hot and spicy flavor that will make you forget that it is so healthy. To keep it gluten free, we added grilled portobello mushrooms for the bun, and built our burger with avocado and carmelized onions. Yum, is all I can say, but judge for yourself.
In the mood for a burger? This chipotle quinoa burger is loaded with protein, fiber and other nutrients and just happens to be delicious. Vegan, gluten free, dairy free
- 2 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup mashed white beans,
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup chopped veggies-(I used zucchini, garlic, red pepper and spring onions)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika,
- 1 tsp chipotle chile pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Mrs Dash Chipotle seasoning
- juice of 2 limes and lime zest to taste
- 1 /2 tsp sea salt
- 1 white onion, sliced into rings
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix burger ingredients. Let set for 15 minutes and then form 4 burgers. Bake 375 for 40 minutes, turning after 20 minutes. (I used parchment paper w/olive oil to prevent sticking.) Brush portobello mushrooms with oil and bake or grill for 10 minutes.
- Blend all chipotle sauce ingredients in blender.
- Combine onion, coconut oil and maple syrup in pan and cook over medium heat until onions are soft.
- Build your burger with grilled portobello mushrooms, carmelized onions, avocado, greens and chipotle sauce. Enjoy!
Homemade Curly Fries With Chipotle Aioli