Nutty Bars and Bread. Don’t have time for your bowl of oatmeal? These breakfast bars are full of nutty goodness with oats, almonds and dates. Forgive me if I sound like a nutrition geek/nerd, but in addition to all that good stuff, there are the benefits of chia and hemp seeds which include fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients. Yes, I did say these are vegan, have no added sugar, are gluten and dairy free. When you taste them, they seriously are better than processed store bars and can rival even the best dessert. This recipe makes 12 bars, or 12 mini muffins—or if you make bread, 1 loaf.
Nutty Bars and Bread
For Bars Or Muffins
- 8 dates soaked in 1 cup water (preserve water)
- 1 teaspoon tsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 banana
- ½ cup almonds raw
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup date water as needed--approximately ¼ to ½ cup
- DOUBLE THE ABOVE RECIPE
- Powdered Sugar topping
- Pomegranate Seeds topping
For Bars or Muffins:
- Place almonds in food processor and process
- Add other ingredients and mix
- Add date water if needed to mix all ingredients completely
- Oil 8x8 square dish (or 12 muffin pan)with coconut oil
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
- Let cool and slice. Drizzle with cacao sauce or chips if desired.
- Pour batter into loaf pan which has been greased with coconut oil. Bake at 350 for one hour.
- After cooling, dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on the top.
More recipes like Nutty Bars and Bread:
For more photos, see Instagram