Mint Julep Lemonade. Hot summer days and nights are perfect for this non alcoholic Mint Julep Lemonade. If you have ever grown your own mint, you know what I didn't, that mint grows everywhere and anywhere and multiplies. If you ignore it, don't water it regularly, don't prune it--doesn't matter. It grows. With the abundant harvest of mint that I had, I decided that it was time to make a light, tangy refreshing pitcher of lemonade, and kicked it up a notch with the mint. Try it for yourself--it will be a favorite for summer sweet drinks.
Mint Julep Lemonade
- 1-1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice approximately 8 lemons
- 1 cup fresh mint, without stems
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups room temperature water not cold water-sugar won't dissolve
- 1 tsp mint for garnish
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
- In high speed blender, blend lemon juice, sugar, mint and 1/2 of water. Add remaining water and blend.
- Add ice, and garnish with sliced lemons and mint and serve.