Maple Almond Encrusted Tofu is perfect for either a main course, or side dish. Tofu is a versatile staple that can be adapted for breakfast, lunch or dinner and adding the flavor of maple, garlic and almonds, adds awesome flavor to this tofu. You need only five ingredients, so this combination is easy to prepare, and is ready to serve in 45 minutes. To make a meal, you can add vegetables, salad, or serve it as an appetizer. It will definitely be a favorite! This dish is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Maple Almond Crusted Tofu
- 12 oz firm tofu sliced into rectangles
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice tofu
- Mix maple syrup, garlic, sea salt
- Roll each slice of tofu in the maple syrup and then roll in almonds until completely covered.
- Reserve maple syrup mix
- Place tofu on baking sheet lined with parchment or silicon. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes
- Remove tofu from oven
- Pour remaining maple syrup mix on flat baking sheet and place in oven. Allow maple syrup to caramelize, but watch it closely as it only takes a few minutes, and will burn easily.
- Pour caramelized maple syrup over baked tofu.
More recipes that you might like: