Everyone loves Mexican food, but the challenge is to find a healthy, vegan version that is still delicious. This Kale Enchilada With Persimmon recipe can be made with sautéed jackfruit and kale, or just as a mixed vegetable enchilada with persimmon and salsa. The sweetness of the persimmon makes it sweet and the salsa adds the spice–a perfect combo! Vegan, gluten free and dairy Free.
Kale Enchilada With Persimmon & Salsa
- 1 can organic jackfruit
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups of kale or spinach
- 1 cup green onions
- 2 cups shredded zucchini or squash
- 2 persimmons sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup vegan white cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup of crushed blue corn tortilla chips
- Saute jackfruit, green onions and garlic in olive oil. Add sea salt.
- Lay out 12 corn tortillas, and layer as follow:
- jackfruit/onion mix
- kale or spinach
- slice of persimmon
- Roll tortilla and place in baking pan. Complete remaining enchiladas. Pour salsa on top and cover enchiladas.
- Cover wit foil, and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed blue corn tortilla chips and serve.