Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Chicken. I never matters what day it is, we always need dinner that can be ready in less than 30 minutes for the hungry crowd. This spicy peanut chicken is so, so easy, and has just the right amount of flavor and kick. Served with fluffy white rice, and topped with crunchy peanuts, this dish will become a favorite.
I whipped this recipe up one evening when I had a rotisserie chicken that I wanted to do something creative with. Using the Instant Pot, I tossed all of the spicy ingredients in to create a creamy sauce, added the chicken and pressure cooked it for 5 minutes. (You can also make this dish with uncooked chicken by increasing the cooking time to 20 minutes.) Additionally,this dish accommodates both gluten free and diary free options.
Ingredients For Spicy Peanut Chicken
Take a quick look at the ingredients for your shopping list. You will need:
- 3 cups of chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- red pepper
- vegetable broth
- soy milk (or other alternative milk)
- sesame oil
- minced garlic
- maple syrup
- peanut butter
- red chile paste
- white wine vinegar
- liquid aminos
- herbs or green onions for topping
Directions For Spicy Peanut Chicken
- Before preparing chicken, mix the cornstarch with water.
- Add that and all other liquid ingredients to Instant Pot.
- Chop red pepper and chicken. Add to Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook for five minutes if chicken is pre-cooked; 20 minutes if uncooked.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare white rice according to package directions. (Rice can also be cooked in the Instant Pot).
- Release pressure when spicy chicken is cooked and serve over white rice.
- Sprinkle peanuts and herbs of your choice or chopped green onions.
Options and Tips For Preparing This Dish
For smoother sauce, add water to the cornstarch, and stir until all lumps are dissolved.
For a vegetarian option, replace chicken with tofu
Serve with fluffy white rice, or for a change, serve with noodles.
Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp hot chili paste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (or your preferred milk)
- 3 cups chopped chicken, pre-cooked
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- chopped herbs or green onions for garnish
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces. Chop red pepper.
- Add water to cornstarch; stir until all lumps are gone. Add all ingredients to Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes if chicken is precooked; 20 minutes if chicken is uncooked.
- When cooking is complete, release pressure. Stir sauce and serve with white rice or noodles. Sprinkle peanuts and herbs on top.
Options and Tips For Spicy Peanut ChickenFor smoother sauce, add water to the cornstarch, and stir until all lumps are dissolved. For a vegetarian option, replace chicken with tofu Serve with fluffy white rice, or for a change, serve with noodles.
More recipes like Instant Pot Spicy Peanut Chicken that you might like:
See more photos at https://www.instagram.com/greenschemetv