Instant Pot Lentil Pasta With Kale Cauliflower Alfredo is seriously delicious and on your table in less than thirty minutes. The pasta cooks in the Instant Pot in 3 minutes, and the cauliflower alfredo also takes 3 minutes. Yes, it is that quick, that easy, that nutritious and, incredibly tasty.
Why lentil pasta? In addition to being gluten free, the green lentil penne pasta that I used in this recipe has 7 grams of fiber and 14 grams of protein for an approximately 1 cup serving! When you compare to traditional flour pasta that has 2 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein, it is an easy decision for me. This dish is perfect for a quick dinner, and, despite all the hidden nutrition, the kids will love it. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Tools Of The Trade Used In This Recipe:
I made this recipe in the Instant Pot 6 Quart Pressure Cooker. Check out my review of the Instant Pot, and see all the delicious recipes that I have made with this gadget that replaces 9 kitchen tools!
Instant Pot Lentil Pasta With Kale Cauliflower Alfredo
- 9.5 oz box of green lentil penne pasta that is what I used, you can use any pasta that you like
- 4 cups water
- 5 cups minced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp horseradish mustard
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups almond or soy milk
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves of garlic about garlic. I use packaged, pre-peeled garlic and it is less potent. If you use fresh from the bulb garlic, you may want to adjust and use less garlic.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 7 cups of fresh baby kale
These are Instant Pot Directions:
Place pasta and water in Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release when cooked. Note: Pasta and water create a lot of pressure. I lightly place a towel on the pressure valve when it is releasing to avoid having my kitchen sprayed with pasta water.)
Drain pasta and run cold water on it to prevent sticking. Set aside.
Add all ingredients and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release pressure.
Using hand blender or high speed blender, blend alfredo sauce until it is smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Cook Kale 2 minutes in microwave. This will result in al-dente, crispy kale.
Mix pasta and kale. Add alfredo sauce.
1. Remember that the Instant Pot takes 15-20 minutes to heat up before you can actually cook with it. Keep this in mind and start the heat up process while you are preparing your ingredients
2. About garlic. I use packaged, pre-peeled garlic and it is less potent. If you use fresh from the bulb garlic, you may want to adjust and use less garlic).
Other recipes like Instant Pot Lentil Pasta:
See more photos on Instagram