Instant Pot Lentil Pasta With Kale Cauliflower Alfredo is seriously delicious and on your table in less than thirty minutes. The pasta cooks in the Instant Pot in 3 minutes, and the cauliflower alfredo also takes 3 minutes. Yes, it is that quick, that easy, that nutritious and, incredibly tasty.
Why lentil pasta? In addition to being gluten free, the green lentil penne pasta that I used in this recipe has 7 grams of fiber and 14 grams of protein for an approximately 1 cup serving! When you compare to traditional flour pasta that has 2 grams of fiber and 8 grams of protein, it is an easy decision for me. This dish is perfect for a quick dinner, and, despite all the hidden nutrition, the kids will love it. Vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Tools Of The Trade Used In This Recipe:
I made this recipe in the Instant Pot 6 Quart Pressure Cooker. Check out my review of the Instant Pot, and see all the delicious recipes that I have made with this gadget that replaces 9 kitchen tools!
Instant Pot Lentil Pasta With Kale Cauliflower Alfredo
- 9.5 oz box of green lentil penne pasta that is what I used, you can use any pasta that you like
- 4 cups water
- 5 cups minced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp horseradish mustard
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups almond or soy milk
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 6 cloves of garlic about garlic. I use packaged, pre-peeled garlic and it is less potent. If you use fresh from the bulb garlic, you may want to adjust and use less garlic.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 7 cups of fresh baby kale
- These are Instant Pot Directions:
- Place pasta and water in Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release when cooked. Note: Pasta and water create a lot of pressure. I lightly place a towel on the pressure valve when it is releasing to avoid having my kitchen sprayed with pasta water.)
- Drain pasta and run cold water on it to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Quick release pressure.
- Using hand blender or high speed blender, blend alfredo sauce until it is smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook Kale 2 minutes in microwave. This will result in al-dente, crispy kale.
- Mix pasta and kale. Add alfredo sauce.
Other recipes like Instant Pot Lentil Pasta:
See more photos on Instagram