Homemade Vegan Queso Dip. If you eat a primarily vegan diet, you don't have cheese in your choice of foods. For some people, cheese is a big loss, and they seek out cheese alternatives to substitute in certain dishes. Many of those commercial cheese alternatives are actually very good, but they are also expensive. There are many recipes for vegan cheese available as well, and I like to try them because there is nothing better than homemade food, in my opinion. Let me introduce you to Homemade Vegan Queso Dip!
Queso is cheese, and it is combined with a variety of spices and peppers to make a dip or sauce. Here, we have created a vegan queso "cheese" with cashews and spices, and I couldn't believe how amazingly similar it tastes to actual cheese made from cow milk.
The options for serving this queso dip are endless; we served it with chips and carrots, but it is also great as cheese on pizza, tacos, burritos or other bowls. Here are the ingredients that you will need to make this queso:
Ingredients For Homemade Vegan Queso Dip
Raw cashews, soaked
Red pepper flakes
Steps For Making Homemade Vegan Queso Dip
There are basically 2 steps for making this dip.
1. Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender.
2. Pour mixture into pot and cook on medium high until dip thickens. Stir constantly to make sure that it doesn't stick. That's it...it is ready to dip!
Homemade Vegan Queso Dip
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked for 10 minutes in hot water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon green chiles, canned optional
- Add all ingredients (except green chiles) to high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into pot and cook on medium high heat until thickened, stirring continually so that it doesnt stick. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour dip into bowl and serve. Top with red pepper flakes or green chiles if you want more heat or spice.