Grilled Butternut Sage Pasta. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I am on a grilling kick. I think that everything is better, cooked on the grill. It isn't summer yet, but my grill cooks indoors and outdoors, so I don't have to wait if I get inspired to make something. This grilled butternut sage pasta was an inspiration. With only 8 ingredients, I tossed the vegetables on the grill, cooked the pasta, and made the pasta sauce with part of the grilled vegetables. So easy, so flavorful and done in thirty minutes, and vegan, gluten free and dairy free.
Grilled Butternut Sage Pasta
- 7 cups of fresh cubed butternut squash
- 1 onion sliced into rings
- 6 cloves of garlic
- ⅛ cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 16 oz pasta-I used Brown Rice Quina gluten free
- Add squash, onions, garlic to large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup and salt and pepper. Mix throughly.
- Place all vegetables on grill; cook approximately 10 minutes--several minutes on high to get the grill effect, and then 5 minutes on medium to cook vegetables completely. (If you are not using a grill, follow the same instructions for oven roasting. After mixing, place vegetables on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 375, or until squash is tender.)
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Cool vegetables.
- After vegetables are cooled, take ½ or, 3.5 cups of the grilled vegetables, and place in high speed blender. Add 1 cup of organic vegetable broth and sage. Blend until smooth
- Add remaining 3.5 cups of vegetables to pasta.
- Add sauce from blender and toss with pasta and vegetables.
- Garnish with chopped sage.
Tools of the Trade for this recipe:
George Foreman Indoor Outdoor Grill. Check out my complete review of this grill here, and take a look at all of the recipes that I have been grilling and why it makes your grilling indoors or outdoors, so much easier. This post contains affiliate links.