Cream Cheese Banana Muffins. Banana muffins are a kitchen staple, and there are not many people that I know who don't enjoy a good banana muffin. It is therefore, hard to make a banana muffin that stands out, or is different enough to be noteworthy, especially if you are baking gluten free. After much testing, we have created a twist on the old favorite--a cream cheese banana muffin. A bite into the cream cheese center is seriously a flavor sensation that is unlike any other banana muffin that you have tasted.
These muffins are gluten free, dairy free and vegetarian. **If you are not gluten free baking, use your favorite all purpose flour.
About Gluten Free Baking
When baking gluten free, the most important ingredient is the flour. Rather than mixing a combination of flours to make a suitable gluten fee flour, I always use 1 for 1, Measure For Measure (King Arthur) or Cup 4 Cup. Getting your muffins to rise is a challenge in gluten free baking, and these gluten free flours always give the best result in my opinion. So, despite the fact that I used gluten free flour, the muffins are fluffy and light and then there is...that cream cheese filling. Yum.
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Banana Muffins
- Gluten free flour--most important ingredient so that your muffins rise
- Salt, baking soda, baking powder
- Coconut sugar-making these muffins a little sweet, but not overwhelming
- Coconut oil-the oil makes the muffins smooth and moist
- Ripe Bananas-ripe bananas are the absolute best for banana bread
- Cream cheese-must be very cold, solid before cutting into cubes
Steps For Making Cream Cheese Banana Muffins
This is a very simple, kid friendly recipe.
- Add dry ingredients to food processor with the blade, and mix
- Add liquid ingredients, mix and then add ripe bananas
- Mix until smooth
- Cut cream cheese into cubes
- Oil cupcake pan with coconut oil
- Pour mix into cupcake pan
- Press a cream cheese cube into each muffin
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes
Alternatives/Tips for Banana Muffins:
- If you like nuts in your banana muffins, you can add ½ cup of chopped almonds to the batter before baking.
- If you want this recipe to be dairy free, use vegan cream cheese.
- Like everything chocolate? Add ½ cup cocoa powder to the batter before baking.
- The cream cheese should be very cold, solid before cutting into cubes.
- This recipe makes 6 jumbo muffins or 12 standard size muffins.
- If you are not gluten free, use your favorite All Purpose Flour.
Cream Cheese Banana Muffins
- Food processor
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ¾ cup gluten free flour I used King Arthur Flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas
- 8 oz cream cheese rectangle block, cut into 12 cubes
- Add dry ingredients to food processor with blade. Mix well. Add eggs, vanilla, oil. Mix well. Chop bananas and add to muffin mixture.
- After batter is mixed well, scoop into cupcake baking pans that have been oiled with coconut oil. Press a cube of cream cheese into each muffin, and cover with batter.
- Bake muffins 25 minutes at 350.